Suppose you are passionate about playing Axie Infinity but don’t have the financial capacity to purchase the stater team of three Axies. In that case, you don’t have to fret. The good news is that several guilds out there are looking for aspiring players to enroll for best play to earn games scholarships.
One of the best play-to-earn scholarships you can get in the present crypto-based gaming universe is the Axie Infinity scholarship. Ever since the boom of Axie Infinity, anyone interested in gaming (or investing) who has learned about the potential of best play to earn games wants in. After all, who doesn’t want to play games while earning a decent amount of money while at it? I know I do!
But the game’s current state doesn’t allow just about anyone to play. To be able to play, one has to set up a digital wallet, purchase 3 Axies from the marketplace, then sync their Axies from their digital wallet into the game. Quite a process just to play a game, no? But that is not even the major roadblock for most players.
The lowest price of a single Axie (as of the time of writing this article) is roughly 0.1 ETH or 288.08 USD. While that price can be off-putting for a regular game, Axie Infinity is not a typical game. Players are willing to pay the price of 3 Axies to start playing simply because of the assurance that their investments will be paid back in full within a month and can provide exponential returns over a few months or years. Read this article to an overview of how the play-to-earn mechanic works in Axie.
But what if an interested player could not afford a single Axie, let alone a team of 3? That’s what brought about play to earn games scholarships. Axie Infinity has put a system wherein players are limited to 1 account. Suppose Axie Infinity catches you using multiple accounts on a device. In that case, those accounts will get banned, and the Axies will be unusable. This is to avoid the exploitation of the play-to-earn mechanic of the game. What players who have multiple teams of Axies can do to earn more SLP is to create Scholarships.
What is an Axie Play To Earn Scholarship?
A scholarship is when a manager (a player who has more than enough Axies) gets a scholar (a player who can’t afford their own Axie team) to play the game for them using their Axies. The SLP earned by the scholar will then be split between the manager and the scholar, depending on their agreement. It can be 50-50, 60-40, or however their conversation will go. The most plat-to-earn scholarship program offers 70% for scholars and 30% for managers.
Scholars do not have access to the SLP that they earned in-game. It will be the manager that will process the withdrawal of the SLP. The scholar can opt to receive either hard cash of their chosen currency (USD, PHP, etc.) or cryptocurrency (AXS, ETH, etc.). Payment schemes should be discussed beforehand, given that withdrawals can only be made once every 2 weeks. Both scholars and managers should also consider the timing of withdrawals because of the fluctuating nature of SLP and crypto in general; what is $100 in SLP today may be worth $150 tomorrow or less, etc.
How do I get an Axie Play To Earn Scholarship?
Getting an Axie Scholarship involves a lot of trusts. The risks involved (such as getting the account banned) in a scholarship lie mainly on the manager. It is the manager’s Axies, after all. There is almost no risk in being a scholar. There are no laws protecting the manager’s assets, and most scholar-manager relationships are remote. If you are a scholar, please take care of your manager’s Axies.
There are several ways to get an Axie Scholarship. However, the most effective way is still personally knowing an Axie manager and asking to be their scholar. Because of the saturation of players wanting to play without being able to afford their own teams, there is an unlimited supply of potential scholars. Most of which come from 3rd world countries such as the Philippines.
In fact, there is so much demand for a Play-To-Earn Scholarship that people who want one are writing resumes and are constantly posting in Axie Manager groups with why they should be chosen. Suppose you are looking for an Axie Scholarship. In that case, I suggest that you start in the Axie Infinity discord group or just go to Twitter and scroll through posts with #AxieInfinity on them.
What to look out for in a Play to earn a scholarship?
Rules vary from scholarship to scholarship. Some of the rules you may need to follow might look like this.
1. Multi-Accounting or Botting is strictly forbidden. As a scholar, you will only play on the account provided to you during your scholarship. Please never share your account password or QR code with anyone. You can NOT play more than ONE account. You cannot share a device with another player in your household to play Axie. It’s one account per device.
2. If you are banned for any reason (botting, multi-account earning, violating Axie Infinity Terms of service, etc.), all SLP will be lost
4. Be respectful when you post on the Official Axie Infinity discord server. No wen this, wen that. Fix this, nerf that. Use the Ask-A-Manager channel if you have any questions first.
5. If you would like to search for another scholarship while a scholar here, you must inform a manager first. Do not apply if you already have a scholarship.
Other things you should watch out for are:
- Track record and who is behind the scholarship. Are they well-known or anonymous?
- What is the SLP payout – Ie? Is it 70 for you and 30 for the manager? Make sure you get a good payout!
- What is the SLP minimum – High SLP minimums may be impossible to get to and stressful!
- What sort of axies are you getting (floor axies are tough to grind anything on)
- How active are the managers, and what is their reputation?
Axie Infinity plays to earn scholarship program is an excellent way to ride on the investment capacity of people that has enough Axies in their account to play the game and earn huge profits. Scholars and managers are expected to first negotiate the percentage at which they would share their earnings before agreeing.